BuzzFeed is looking for an Equipment Coordinator to join our Los Angeles Production Technology team.
- Assemble orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery using equipment check-out/check-in system.
- Receive returns and restock shelves to rebuild inventory.
- Assess equipment and gear for function and working quality.
- Answering simple questions from users regarding equipment recommendations.
- Escalate any equipment damage or policy infractions to the Equipment Lead.
- Perform simple repairs on cameras, lighting, and grip equipment as necessary.
- Package and ship equipment orders to producer’s residences or the BuzzFeed New York office.
- Implement new policy decisions as directed by the Equipment Lead.
- 1+ years experience of on-set grip, gaff, camera, or sound experience
- Prefer 1+ years experience in an equipment rental house
- Familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Exhibit polished and timely written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Equipment service/maintenance experience a plus