The Publicist is responsible for supporting and assisting in creating and executing publicity campaigns for STARZ network original series.
- Identify and successfully pitch programming to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and online publications; as well as secure electronic bookings; respond to media requests timely for information and interviews.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, blogs, trades, etc.).
- Coordinate media opportunities and assist in the media training of talent for interviews, speaking opportunities and panels.
- Write press releases, bios, media alerts, episode descriptions and talking points, while also pulling creative assets such as photography and clips for the best press material product.
- Support VP and Directors of Publicity at events, including red carpets, screenings, premieres, TCA, Comic Con, etc.
- Assist with budget management for all initiatives including talent travel expenses, glam, press kit development, etc.
- Create PR campaign launch and wrap reports and decks for STARZ Original Series reflecting all press coverage.
- Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across the various teams. Must possess the willingness to collaborate across groups.
- Work with show leads to identify Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, Tribeca etc.) and other panel opportunities as it pertains to assigned series
- Work with Unit Publicist to ensure all PR and marketing materials are seamlessly produced across production and talent.
- Manage relationships with outside public relations agencies and consultants.
- Serve as the liaison between talent, producers and their representation on assigned series.
- Manage the daily press clips process, prioritizing by importance.
- Assist coordinators as needed on talent travel, glam and car bookings.
- Create, maintain, and update media lists
- Assist with awards submissions and FYC campaigns for assigned series.
- Travel to and represent STARZ at various events.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of entertainment experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Understanding of the media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists and social media influencers