MarVista Entertainment is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Development to support one of our Production Partners.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help source and assess screenplays, books, articles, life rights, concepts, sizzles, and short form content – as well as other forms of IP – to build out and sustain a robust feature pipeline
- Help cultivate up-and-coming director and writer relationships
- Work closely with the team to work with writer to develop ideas and concepts for the slate. Collate notes and contribute feedback to writers as part of the script development process.
- Act as a gatekeeper for Production Partner, primarily during production
- Maintain a database of slate submissions and active development, as well as ongoing talent relations
- Liaison with other departments to help facilitate negotiation around script option/purchases, director and or other talent deals, as well as any other support materials needed for greenlight, development/production, post-production and delivery
- Other duties as assigned by management team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2+ years of experience in scripted development
- Up to date knowledge of various network/studio trends; understanding of the international market a plus
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as projects progress in the production life-cycle