Hello Sunshine is seeking a motivated and driven Manager of Accounting to manage accounting and reporting for Hello Sunshine.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations including A/R, A/P, general ledger, fixed assets, T&E, revenue recognition, taxes, and treasury functions.
- Overall General Ledger stewardship, including but not limited to, journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting.
- Prepare journal entries related to various accounting functions including Record to Report, Procure to Pay and Order to Cash. Journal entries can include coding revenue recognition and expenditures to proper cost centers and general ledger accounts, ensuring that general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the Company's established accounting principles and that all documentation and records of transactions are kept.
- Assist the Management team with publishing timely and accurate monthly financial and reporting packages to support FP&A, budget variance analyses, and management dashboards.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations and ensure account balances are complete and accurate.
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality, providing leadership and growth opportunities for current and future direct reports.
- Develop new and drive constant improvement of existing accounting processes, systems, infrastructure and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Manage and own day-to-day execution and successful completion of the year-end audit.
- BS/BA in Accounting with 5+ years of accounting experience, 2+ years of industry experience.
- Must have firm grasp on GAAP accounting principles, both in theory and practical application