Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive support, maintenance, installation/deployment and inventory for post production computers, servers and users.
- Architect, document. Test and socialize uniform file structures and workflows for all current and future projects.
- First line of support for Editors, Assistant Editors, Showrunners, Story Teams, Media Managers, Vault etc, who require onboarding and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with Post Vendors for high level technical support and rental requirements.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions for current and future framework.
- Work with the team to plan upgrades for all Post Production systems, advising on systems enhancements and workflow development as required.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose infrastructure issues.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure desktop and post production infrastructure work seamlessly together.
- Stay abreast of new technology, workflows.
- Awareness of industry security standards, MPAA compliance, distribution and network delivery methods.
- Undertake preventative maintenance to ensure maximum system availability while managing and documenting the maintenance cycle.
- Lead initiatives and present to large groups and stakeholders.
- Communicate and disseminate information to teams and executive management.
- Define & own services, projects, support, and operations.
- Lead initiatives towards automation trends and media distribution.
- Create and oversight of content security guidelines and protocols.
Education and Work Experience:
- 8+ years supporting relevant software or infrastructure engineering experience in Post Production.
- Experience supporting 100+ users and multi-location workflows.