The Associate Producer will report to the Director, Studio Content and work on NBC Sports Chicago’s linear programming including but not limited to live pregame and postgame shows for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, and Chicago White Sox.
Duties include creating and overseeing lower third and fullscreen graphics and editing highlite packages, video clips, and interviews for our shows.
- Assist the producer with the preparation and execution of live studio programming.
- Proactively pitch original, timely and innovative content ideas to producer
- Determine video and sound for segments.
- Thorough knowledge of Chicago and national sports required
- Provide research for show content and graphics.
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web and social media platforms
- Listen to live sound bites and make quick decisions on what sound will be the best fit for the shows.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least one (1) year creating video content for web, social, or linear product
- Experience building show rundowns, and successfully communicating and executing live segments.
- Knowledge of Chicago and national sports.