NBC News Digital is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join the Digital Video Operations team.
- Coordinate resources, equipment and elements to support an efficient production pipeline. This includes scheduling and assigning production & post production resources for individual story and full show creation; manage team calendar and ensure projects are fully staffed
- Assist in studio and remote field production management including budgeting, setup and execution. This includes travel, reserving studio space and confirming crew staffing with Producers
- Track deliverables, manage project requests and scheduling through all phases of production
- Manage asset and metadata delivery to both internal and external platforms and manage all portions of the delivery system. This includes coordinating media ids, building out scheduling documents and communicating plans to internal programming teams, content scheduling teams and external EPG teams.
- Liaise with engineering and network operations teams to troubleshoot asset and metadata delivery issues
- Maintain production and post-production workflows and schedules to ensure deadlines are met and adjustments are made, when necessary
- Plan, organize and communicate production timelines to align with designated deadlines
- Assist in tracking the overall channel budget and document anticipated costs vs. actual spends
- Work with Coordinating Producer on individual production budgets and identifying cost savings
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal clients in support of their production efforts
- Anticipate, react to, and resolve operational issues with urgency
- 5+ years of experience in Production, Post-Production, Media or a related field
- Experience coordinating teams across verticals with planning-related duties in the digital space
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Final Cut, Avid Media Composer or other NLE system
- Experience with Production clearances, licensing and archive