- Review, negotiate, and approve budgets – series, specials, development reels, pilots, additional episodes, breakage, etc.
- Review and monitor weekly ProdCo cost reports for assigned projects
- Manage and solve day-to-day production issues for multiple projects in a quick and timely manner
- Manage and improve all systems relating to how Third Party ProdCos prep, shoot, and deliver to the various NBCU outlets.
- Liaise between producers and all internal departments (i.e. Creative Executives, Business Affairs, Legal, Marketing, Digital, Network Operations, etc.)
- Ensure all deliverables are complete and on-time for both domestic & international purposes
- Manage, decide and approve any insurance related decisions for assigned projects
- Review Program Planning rollouts and ensure production readiness of all series, in addition to providing Greenlight to Air projections as requested.
- Facilitate and manage all foreign compliance requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with all active & potential Third Party ProdCos
- Attend weekly internal department meetings and act as the point person for ProdOps for your assigned projects
- Assist in managing the extensive duties of the Production Managers and Coordinators within the Alternative P&O team.
- Generally support any requests from the EVP, SVP & VP’s of ProdOps
THIRD PARTY PRODUCTIONS
- Work with Executive Producers / Network Executives from project conception through and including final delivery of all program materials to determine and anticipate needs of each project
- Find/Vet 3rd party production companies
- Assess/Approve various 3rd party production companies’ production plans, including budget and schedule, to make sure that Network’ needs are met, as they relate to creative, technical, legal, cost, and schedule