The CW Television Network is seeking a Director of Live & Video Operations to join our Digital group.
- Leads day-to-day scheduling of linear and FAST channels.
- Manages FAST channel publishing efforts and partner channel ingestion.
- Works closely with internal teams on video ingestion workflows.
- Oversees live streaming efforts around CW Sports and special events.
- Coordinates with internal and external teams for the delivery of required files for ingestions (videos, images, captions, and metadata)
- Provides support and information for resolution of content or playback issues and escalates issues to other teams or vendors appropriately.
- Understands the entire video publishing workflow and can act as a backup as needed.
- Works with leadership to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of workflows and processes and works with team to roll out these changes.
- Keeps team and process documentation up-to-date and accurate.
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 7 years’ experience with video publishing and streaming technologies required.
- Experience with detailed troubleshooting of complex video publishing and delivery systems
- Knowledge of video and promotional terminology and procedures, including, but not limited to, artwork (image formats, graphics, logos, etc.), digital video (digital encoding formats, codecs and containers, generic & episodic promos, etc.), closed captioning, other technologies (digital strategies, digital asset management, content management systems, etc.) and written materials (synopses, log lines, running orders, fact sheets, etc.)
- Strong understanding of FAST, live streaming and AVOD.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, MS Office, Outlook, Google Docs, Content Management Systems, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop, MRSS feeds, etc.