The Netflix Music Services team is hiring a Specialist to facilitate music clearance, creative resourcing, licensing, and custom music creation for Netflix’s Music Services Team which supports the Marcomms group.
- Coordinating with Netflix’s internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as outside parties including labels, publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding ownership, invoicing and license tracking.
- Researching music ownership and seeking/obtaining quotes from music libraries.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and third-party companies, labels, artists, studios, and publishers.
- Managing Netflix marcomms music clearance and rights information including tracking territory, media and terms and maintaining/tracking all cue sheets.
- Helping source music and contribute music ideas for given creative briefs, as required.
- Assisting with soundtrack releases by routing materials for approval and tracking deadlines.
- Participating in other music projects specific to Netflix’s marketing needs.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3+ years of music licensing experience at a major production, film/television studio, television network, agency, publisher, label, clearance house, or law firm in the music department.
- Understands the fundamentals of music licensing.
- Experience clearing library music and sound design, preferred if there’s experience working with major labels and publishers.
- Ability to conduct rights ownership research.
- Experience reading and filling out cue sheets.
- Tracking licenses from receipt to final execution.
- Administering music deals and the appropriate contracts, licenses, and invoices.