The Hair and Makeup Stylist is responsible for assisting photographers by preparing models to style guide standards for the days designated photoshoots.
Key Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Prepares and maintains hair and makeup for the model to the photoshoot or style guide of the client.
- Captures the beauty intent of the photographer, and ensures we are maintaining a fast pace within our quality standards.
- Ensures smooth and quick transitions between articles being shot (touch ups
- Maintains a consistent quality standard and remain fully engaged (attention to detail, following beauty standards, predictive improvement) on repetitive projects.
- Styles various types, textures, and lengths of hair. Able to trim or shave hair as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to apply and maintain makeup on various skin types and colors throughout the photoshoot. This includes covering blemishes, tattoos, and bruises.
- Creates a comfortable environment with the models and stylists to allow the model to be primed in a manner that constantly improves quality and speed of the shoot.
- Creates a rapport with photographer and stylists to understand pose requirements, transitions, and a natural presentation.
- Responsible for the timely completion and accuracy of project job forms throughout the lifecycle of the job. (i.e.: production calendar, daily summary, expense sheets, time tracking, and mileage).
- Creates written documentation, including visual references if necessary, on how specific hair and makeup is done so it can be included in client standards such as style guides. In addition, be able to train fellow team members to those specific standards.
- Contributes improvements in project Pre-Production meetings and Post-mortem that relate hair and makeup. Including completion and execution of action items assigned to the hair and makeup artist for the team’s success from those meetings in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the stock inventory, organization and cleanliness of the hair and makeup station and on-set zone. This includes managing the repair and purchase of the tools of the trade.
- Assists in product preparation and assists Stylist and Merchandise team during hours and days when a model is not on set.
- 2 years of experience working on a photography set or in a salon as a hair and makeup artist.
- Candidates should be trained at a professional academy.