MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for Chris Jansing Reports.
- Assist senior producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
- Serve as backup Senior Producer.
- Oversee daily rundown changes.
- Supervise editorial content of newscast.
- Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
- Write news scripts and teases.
- Work with show director and production crew.
- Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
- Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
- Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
- Initiate planning process.
In Control Room:
- Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
- Preview upcoming stories and segments.
- Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you’s.
- Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
- Time newscast.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
- Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.