- Effectively manage the financial operations and cost reporting for assigned productions.
- Administer the financial on-boarding and off-boarding process for the various productions including supporting pre-production, post and wrap accounting inclusive of reporting, payroll, A/P, petty cash, journal entries, p-card activity and collection of receivables & deposits.
- Hire and Manage production accountants and assistants, coordinate show budgeting and production accounting process with accountants.
- Manage the set-up of show accounting system using appropriate payroll software.
- Ensure standard accounting procedures are met and oversee daily/weekly show cost reporting.
- Assist with implementing tax, labor and sourcing policies and objectives.
- Manage production cash flow and support the weekly and quarterly corporate financial accounting and corporate cash management processes.
- Implement and ensure uniform budget policies.
- Key financial management liaison between production executives, show accountants, show producer/UPM, and corporate finance.
- Ensure that the SPT financial controllership and production policies and procedures are uniformly implemented operationally and that payroll/AP/Reporting are in accordance with standards established by SPT.
- Liaise with Labor Relations, Production Finance, Internal Audit, Finance Ops, Treasury, and IT to ensure policies are current and effectively implemented.
- Identify problem and/or issues as quickly as possible including breakdown in communication between departments, UPMs, producers and accountants. Furthermore, inform Labor Relations of payroll issues with potential exposure to penalties.
- Approve and authorize various accounting procedures.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of Prep/Wrap Accountants and other staff members with the goal of developing stellar talent.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends pertaining to union MOA updates, rate increases and compliance issues.
- Liaise with corporate tax, production audit, controllership, production and government relations teams to ensure proper compliance, including refreshing studio documentation and desktop procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required.
- Intermediate experience with Excel and other Microsoft / Apple products.
- Intermediate knowledge of Vista, Smart Accounting, PSL and related production accounting applications.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of film and/or television industry production accounting experience