NBCUniversal Team is looking for a Design & Construction Coordinator who is driven by collaboration, creative problem-solving, and exceeding expectations. In this role, you’ll join our collaborative team in the planning, design, and construction of new facilities, building renovations, campus improvements, and major infrastructure upgrades across the Universal Studios Lot.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist project management with the setup of new projects and tracking of projected costs, cash pacing, and invoicing. Prepare change order request documents as needed for internal review and approval.
- Assist project management with the assigning of tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Assist project management with project closeout processes and document management.
- Assist project development with field verification, programming, space planning, design, product research, construction detailing, and presentations.
- Maintain accuracy of the team’s overall project log in Smartsheet, regularly updating recent activities, next steps, and target completion dates based on coordination with project managers.
- Responsible for creation and distribution of regular reports including weekly project updates, bi-weekly team accomplishments, monthly operational updates, and quarterly performance of the department. Reports are produced and issued using Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, Smartsheet, and PowerBI.
- Regularly attends meetings with key clients and executive stakeholders and prepare meeting minutes or follow up on action items as needed.
- Support the development and maintenance of new department tools and office resources.
- Support the SDC Team, Capital Planning, Finance, and the Studio Operations Group as needed.
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve and ensure expectations are met
What You Have:
- 4-year college degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant project / program administrative, management and/or support experience.
- Previous experience working within a design and construction delivery team.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint & Project, Smartsheet, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam.