- Strategic Leadership: Spearhead world-class production finance operations, ensuring systematic planning, people leadership, detailed organization, and cutting-edge innovation.
- Operational Management: Oversee three core hubs - Reporting & Analysis, Finance Operations, and Audit/Guild Admin & Research - ensuring successful, timely project completion.
- Industry Expertise: Keep a finger on the pulse of industry insights from leading sources, representing SPT's interests at an organizational level.
- Partnership & Collaboration: Engage with internal teams, executive leadership, and business units for holistic decision-making, financial planning, and operational excellence.
- Continuous Learning: Champion ad hoc projects and training initiatives to foster growth and knowledge.
Reporting & Analysis Hub
- Deliver actionable financial insights through BI tools and predictive modeling.
- Lead technology implementations for next-gen finance tools.
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving key complex business problems through data analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning techniques.
- Ensure accurate LAS -> SAP reconciliations, SOPC consolidation, IDOC error resolution and GPMS/MDMA title management.
Finance Operations Hub (sub teams: Treasury Ops, Op Tax & Tax Incentives)
- Collaborate with Production and Production Accounting to include appropriate OH and Indirect Costs within actively produced productions.
- Act as a key finance stakeholder with BSI team on end-to-end finance support for various labor and scenic 3rd party services.
- Supervise document management process, ensuring accurate completeness of document retention oversight.
Treasury Ops Team
- Guide banking implementations and supervise production-funded accounts, including additions and removal of account signers.
- Supervise procurement card services for our various productions. Liaise with strategic sourcing and studio card management program.
- Partner closely with internal teams (GFO and Amex) to provide a first-class p-card onboarding and experience.
Operational Tax Team
- Supervise and manage the timely completion of all tax reporting tasks, including 1099 Reporting, 1042 NRA Reporting, Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, Business Licenses, and other operational tax requirements.
- Lead from a production accounting perspective and support the implementation and management of the "Pillar 2" tax initiative, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with international tax regulations and requirements.
- Confirm accurate and timely remittance of harmonize value added taxes (GST, HST, VAT, etc).
Tax Incentives Team
- Execute on maximizing and monetizing all domestic and international production incentives.
- Supervise new data management techniques to improve tax credit and production cost forecasting and pacing.
- Liaise with corporate tax, production audit, controllership, production, and government relations teams to ensure proper incentive compliance, government reporting and capitalize on internal tax credit utilization.
Audit/Guild Admin & Research Hub
- Supervise direct management of union and guild audits (Tri-guild and MPIPHP) and collaborate with Labor Relations to minimize audit exposure.
- Review and analyze financial deal terms to improve decision making and risk for guild audits.
- Oversee the management of settlement payments (both audit and grievances), accruals and final remittances to the guilds and motion picture plans.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education: BA/BS degree; MBA, CPA, JD, or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years in film/TV industry finance.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Vista, Smart Accounting, PSL and SAP.