E! News digital is hiring a Sr. Digital Video Producer/Editor who will be a part of our growing team of digital video producer/writer/editors on the news video editorial team.
- Create 3+ digital video stories per day, often under tight news-driven deadlines.
- Cut short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end: Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, track VO, produce and edit video, and post on social and digital platforms.
- Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVID
- Self-assign and create video assignments as needed during busy news times, and self-edit as needed with little supervision. Use metrics-driven thinking to select projects that fulfill the brand’s daily video view goals.
- Work with E!’s social and editorial teams to create highly-sharable content
- Optimize sound and lighting quality in videos, create simple graphic transitions, add text on screen and other graphics and easily export videos.
- Write strong, factual, entertainment news scripts for news packages. Ability to work easily with legal or heavier news scripts and maintain accuracy.
- Serve as a creative producer/editor on assigned projects (including, but not limited to livestreams, weekly video series, mashups, interviews, show clips, extendeded interviews and other projects as assigned)
- Create SEO-optimized headlines and captions that factually represent your video story and drive video views on E! News digital platforms.
- Use strong news judgement
- Optimize and post content for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Liaison with producing team, booking team, and post-production as needed
- Produce guest interviews/attend field shoots, as needed and shoot crisp, clean footage on DSLR camera or iPhone
- Collect clear audio in the field and in the studio
- Take assignments from the News Producer daily
- Contribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audience
- Maintain a level of professionalism with talent
- Line Produce and work on ad/sales content when assigned
- Produce branded content, as needed
- Juggle multiple projects with parallel timelines
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience producing news digital video content end-to-end for digital platforms
- Excellent expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
- Knowledge of AVID or similar platforms or willingness to learn fast if you aren’t familiar
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong copy editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
- Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video
- Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
- Knowledge of Photoshop is a must