Sphere Entertainment Co. is looking for a Director of Production to join a highly collaborative production department based in Los Angeles.
What will you do?
• Oversee live productions from development to delivery including production schedules, cost estimates, logistics and technical needs for Sphere digital content creation
• Support the VP of Production in management of resources, budgeting, and scheduling
• Build out multi-project timelines while keeping various departments and corporate leadership informed of key deliverables and benchmarks
• Liaise with internal and external creative and technical departments to ensure that key milestones are met
• Works with Post and external creative teams to manage ingest of media to meet studio and venue specifications
• Proactively works to anticipate and resolve any content or playback issues, and elevate to stakeholders when necessary
• Oversee broadcast efforts in support of live sporting events including boxing, MMA, WWE, F1 and NFL
• Collaborate with Finance to track internal labor costs to be reflected in overall project budgets
• Contribute to weekly inter-departmental meetings
What do you need to succeed?
• 10+ years of experience in broadcast and live productions for theater, sports or musical entertainment within various budget levels
• Advanced project management and organizational skills with ability to create executive presentations, budget summaries, production plans, and multi-project timelines, etc.
• Previous experience overseeing live playback and livestreaming productions with the ability to troubleshoot effectively
• Creative problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
• Experience with large format/360 content creation preferred
• Strong proficiency in project management software similar to Microsoft Office Suite including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Airtable