The Head of Layout works with the Head of Cinematography to interpret the storyboard and animatics of the project and adapts them into a 3D environment.
- Work with the Director(s), Head of Cinematography, Head of Story, Editorial, and Production Designer to execute the visual narrative of the film.
- Responsible for the camera, staging, and set dressing of the film.
- Supervision of Layout Artists, including conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, and providing feedback to artists, for both rough layout and final layout process.
- Provide timelines and budget estimates for all aspects of the layout process.
- Stage every shot and plot the actions that will take place within each scene.
- Ensure that all sequences to be animated are set up properly.
- Work with the Head of Cinematography, Production Designer, and Head of Story as they translate the boards into 3D space.
- Provide and innovate ideas/solutions for the layout process, bringing in new tools and ideas to bring the concept to life on screen.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Layout Artist on animated feature films.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using a Mac, particularly in design related programs like Photoshop
- Proficiency using Unreal and Maya
- Sound knowledge of cinematography and editorial principals.