- Highlight scripts for shoots as needed, and any other pre-production needs that the head writer may have when producing a bit or a pre-tape.
- Update archives for all recurring bits on the show including “Thank You Notes,” “Tonight Show Sponsors”
- Oversee producing the creative packet, communicating with writers and working with producers to publish packet in a timely, efficient manner.
- Manage schedule for head writer.
- Update head writer calendar.
- Communicate with writers on behalf of production as they are needed in meetings and rehearsals.
- Attend and take notes in daily writer meetings and weekly pitch meetings.
- Manage submission for award shows.
- Keep track of writing credits.
- Coordinate and schedule writer meetings.
- Take notes in pitch meetings with writers - and overseeing the pitch meeting for various needs.
- Make copies of final monologue - including updated and rewritten versions.
- Assist writers with any internet research or video transcription for current and upcoming bits.
- Overseeing the interns as they handle the writers' coffee, lunch and dinner runs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience on a TV show (preferably at a studio or network)
- Minimum 1 year experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours.
- Must be willing to work at 30 Rockefeller Center.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Should possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Professional business manner.
- Someone that's a team player with strong work ethic.
- Comfort working with all levels of management and talent.
- Seeking a very detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task.
- Ideal candidate works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.