TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DATA CONTROLLER, DATA PROTECTION OFFICER, AND REPRESENTATIVE
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO OTHERS
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
- LOCATION OF PROCESSING
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- SECURITY AND YOUR ACCOUNT
- USERS OF THIS WEBSITE UNDER THE AGE OF 18
- CONTACT US
|What we DO with your data||What we DON'T do with your data|
- Our Website located at crewvie.com (the "Website").
- Email, telephone, and other electronic messages between you and us.
- Workshops, demonstrations, tradeshows, conferences, and other events.
- Promotions, surveys, sweepstakes/contest entries, and when you otherwise voluntarily provide us information.
Parties other than Crewvie
- Including any third party, through any Website, application, or content (such as advertising), that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. DATA CONTROLLER, DATA PROTECTION OFFICER, AND REPRESENTATIVE
Crewvie is the data controller of the Personal Data (as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") you provide through the Services.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Crewvie collects the following categories of personal information, including in the preceding twelve months, when you provide it directly to us and when you use the Services. This information includes both personally identifiable information and information which does not directly identify you:
- Browsing Information
- Comment and Opinion Information
- Commercial Information
- Contact Information
- Financial Information
- Sensory and Electronic Information
- Personal Website and Social Media Information
- User Account Information
- Employment and Experience Information
- Demographic Information
- Affiliation Information
- Team Contact Information
- Work Preference Information
- Location Information
- In some circumstances, Crewvie collects, uses, and processes personal information which is classified as sensitive information under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
The categories of sensitive information that we may collect includes:
- Race and ethnicity
- Gender identity
- Disability self-identification
- Union affiliation
- Genetic Data
We may also collect non-personally identifiable, aggregated information.
- We may collect aggregated information, such as Website usage data.
- This data is collected in the aggregate only but may include or be combined with other user information that users have voluntarily submitted.
- We commit to maintain and use data only in a de-identified, aggregate form and not attempt to re-identify this data.
When do we collect personal information?
- We collect this information when you take certain actions like interacting with our Services, creating an account, submitting a form to contact us, and becoming one of our vendors or customers.
- We collect information automatically when you browse our Website or use our Application.
- Crewvie.com may collect information when we interact with customers and vendors at events, tradeshows, conferences, or through contests.
- We collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us.
How long do we keep personal information?
- Crewvie.com uses several criteria to determine how long we should keep categories of personal information.
- We keep data until you close or deactivate your account, until we no longer have a business purpose for the data, or until we no longer have an obligation to keep it.
- Please understand that residual copies of the personal information can be stored in locations or formats that make complete erasure extremely difficult.
- The best way to ensure you control your information is to give us only the personal information that you are completely comfortable sharing with us.
|Data Category||Examples of Specific Data||When the Data is Collected|
||We collect browsing information automatically when you visit our Website.|
|Comment and Opinion Information||
||We collect comment and opinion information when you interact with our chat features, give Kudos, comment on Dream Teams, post on Community, or call our customer service department.|
||We collect commercial information when you become our customer or vendor.|
||We collect contact information when you create an account on our Website or use our Website to contact us.|
||We collect financial information when you place an order with us.|
|Sensory and Electronic Information||
||We collect sensory and electronic information automatically when you visit our facilities.|
|Personal Website and Social Media Information||
||We collect this information about your personal Website and social media accounts, including IMBD, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. We collect this information automatically when you share it through social media widgets on our Website. We also collect it when you voluntarily provide it to us.|
|User Account Information||
||We generate or collect this information when you voluntarily create an account on our Website or with our sales department.|
|Employment and Experience Information||
||We collect this information when you create an account or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
||We may collect this information when you or a project administrator create an account or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
||We collect this information when you create an account or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
|Team Contact Information||
||We collect this information when you create an account or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
|Work Preference Information||
||We collect this information when you create an account or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
||We collect this information when you create an account, you search for jobs by location, your authorized agent adds your account, you are added on a Project or Dream Team, or otherwise voluntarily provide it to us.|
5. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Crewvie.com collects information from a variety of sources, including:
When you provide such information directly to us
- When you use our interactive tools and Services.
- When you voluntarily create an account to gain full access to our Services.
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires, or other forms.
- When you access, log-in, or otherwise connect to our Services through a social media service.
- When you provide information by posting on our social media accounts or Website message boards.
- When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
When you use the Services and such information is collected automatically
- Through cookies and other tracking technology.
- If you download our mobile application or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices.
- We may supplement the information we collect about you with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media Services, commercially available sources, and information from our affiliates or business partners.
- We may use analytics providers to analyze how you interact with, use, and engage with our products and Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- We may use vendors to obtain information to generate leads and create user profiles.
- We receive information about you from some of our vendors who assist us with marketing or promotional Services related to how you interact with our Website, Application, products, Services, advertisements or communications.
- If you provide your social network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
6. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Crewvie.com uses personal information for a variety of business purposes. When you share personal information with us, we may use it for several purposes. For example, we may use the information we obtain about you to:
Provide, Customize, and Improve the Services
- Creating and managing your account.
- Processing orders or other transactions; billing.
- Providing you with the products, Services, or information you request.
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
- Providing support and assistance for the Services.
- Improving the Services, including testing, research, internal analytics and product development.
- Understanding and improving our mobile Application functionality.
- Personalizing the Services, Website and Application content, and communications based on your preferences.
- Performing fraud prevention, security, and debugging.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Privacy Rights Act (the "CPRA").
Market the Services
- Marketing and selling the Services.
- Advertising our products and Services; measuring and improving the effectiveness of advertisements.
Provide Co-Branded Services
- To advance diversity and inclusion initiatives, we may offer co-branded Services and/or features, such as contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions together with a third party.
Correspond with You
- Allowing you to comment on content, responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Crewvie or the Services.
- Sending emails, mail, and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you including reports, new features and promotional offers.
Allow for Social Sharing
- If you log in with or connect a social media service account with the Services, we may share your user name, picture, and likes, as well as your activities and consents with other Service users and with your friends associated with your social media service. We may also share the same information with the social media service provider.
Meet Legal Requirements and Enforce Legal Terms
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- For any mergers, acquisitions, or transfers of corporate assets
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of you, Crewvie.com, or another party.
- Enforcing any agreements with you.
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Resolving disputes.
When we're providing a product or service
- We process your data to provide and support a product or service you've asked for under a contract, including but not limited to delivering our Terms of Service.
When we're pursuing our legitimate interests
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means we process your information for purposes such as:
- offering and improving our Services.
- developing new products and features.
- understanding how our Services are used.
- performing research that improves our Services for our users.
- sending you direct marketing and other communications.
- detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our Services.
- maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users' data security
- enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service
When we have a legal obligation
- For example, if we're responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
When you have provided your consent
- We ask for your consent to process your personal information for certain specific purposes
- You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
7. HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Selling and Sharing.
- Crewvie.com may share or sell your personal information when you access Community Platforms to advertising customers and partners, including digital marketer Google Ads.
Crewvie.com shares the following personal information
- Your online identifier.
- Your name, address (excluding street address), telephone number, education, employment, employment history.
- Your age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information such as records of personal property, products or Services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Professional or employment-related information such as your current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information to reflect your preferences, characteristics, trends or aptitudes.
We do share your anonymized information
- By 'share,' we mean making personal information available to another party for cross-site or interest-based advertising.
- We may share information with analytics service providers.
- Those parties may combine your browsing information, including information from your use of our Website, to generate interest-based advertisements.
We disclose your information to parties we work with.
Service Providers: These parties help us provide the Services or perform business functions on our behalf. They are required by contract or law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform the business function on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. They include:
- Hosting, technology and communication providers.
- Security and fraud prevention consultants.
- Support and customer service vendors.
- Product fulfillment and delivery providers.
- Our payment processing partner Stripe Inc. ("Stripe") collects your voluntarily-provided payment card information necessary to process your payment.
Analytics Partners: These parties provide analytics on web traffic or usage of the Services. They include:
- Companies that track how users found or were referred to the Services.
- Companies that track how users interact with the Services.
Advertising Partners: These parties help us market our Services and provide you with other offers that may be of interest to you. They include:
- Ad networks.
- Marketing Providers.
Parties You Authorize, Access, or Authenticate
- Third parties you access through the Services.
- Social media Services.
- Other users.
We disclose information under other circumstances and to other parties.
When you consent.
To our affiliates and companies in the same group of companies as us.
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries (i.e., any organization or brand we own or control) or our ultimate holding company Crewvie. (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns.
- We disclose the personal information that we collect to other Crewvie companies, subsidiaries, and related affiliates.
To the public.
- When you provide feedback, reviews, or post user content on our Website.
- For example, if you post a product review on our Website or a comment on our social media sites, your personal information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, or your comments, on our social media pages.
To purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction.
- Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a Crewvie-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of Crewvie.com assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Crewvie.com or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
When law enforcement, regulators, and other parties request information for legal reasons.
We may provide personal information without your consent to third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement;
- To exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Crewvie.com, our visitors, or others.
8. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights, such as to request access to or correction of your Personal Information that we hold about you. To make a request, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
United States Residents. U.S. state data protection laws grant certain U.S. individuals data rights dependent upon their jurisdiction, including in California, Nevada, and Virginia. Though the laws differ by jurisdictions, these rights include:
Right to Know and Access Information.
- Note that much of the information you are entitled to know or access is disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- With this said, you have the right to know about our information practices.
- You also have the right to access the categories of data we collect, with whom we share that information, and, in some cases, what specific personal information we associate with you or your account.
Right to Data Portability.
- If you request a copy of specific information we have about you then we will provide it in an easily accessible format.
Right to Deletion or Erasure.
- You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you.
- Depending on the applicable law, in some cases we are required or permitted to retain that information, even if you validly requested we delete or erase it.
Right to Correct Information.
- You may request we correct or rectify inaccurate information we associate with you or your account.
Right to Object to & Restrict Processing.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests at any point in time.
- You may object to (and opt-out of) direct marketing. Please see the Universal Opt-Out right below.
You may restrict or limit the way we use your information when:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal information.
- You believe our processing to be unlawful, but don't want us to delete it.
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes we collected it, but must retain it for legal purposes (for example, defending legal claims).
- You have objected to our processing of your personal information and we are verifying whether that objection controls our legitimate use of the personal information.
Right to Universal Opt Out.
You may limit certain ways we use and disclose your personal information (also called "opting-out" or a "request to opt out"). You may opt-out of:
- The sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising purposes.
- The disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
- Our use of your personal information for building a profile about you.
- Our use of your personal information to make guesses or inferences about your characteristics, attributes, or behaviors.
Right to Withdraw Consent.
- You may withdraw your consent to our data privacy practices at any time.
Right to Non-Discrimination.
- You have the right to not experience discrimination from us for exercising the rights listed in this section.
- What we mean by discrimination is denying you access to our Services or limiting the quality of our Services.
- However, limiting use of, or deleting, your personal information may restrict the purposes or uses that rely on that information.
- If you need further assistance, you can contact Crewvie.com through one of the channels listed below under "Contact."
- Right to Opt-Out of Closing of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. We do not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties, as those terms are defined under the California law.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia Residents
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to out of the processing of the personal data for purposes of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal data, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer. We do not process your Personal Information for (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal data, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer.
Right to Appeal. If you make a request to exercise any of the above data access rights and we are unable to comply with your request, you may request to appeal our decision. To appeal any data privacy request decision, please contact us by emailing privacy[at]crewvie.com with the subject line "Data Access Request Appeal." If after you complete the appeal process with us, you are still unsatisfied with our response, you may contact your Attorney General to file a complaint. Below are the contact information for the appropriate entity where you can inquire about filing an appeal:
Virginia Residents:Office of the Attorney General202 North 9th StreetRichmond, Virginia 23219Phone: (804) 786-2071https://www.oag.state.va.usColorado Residents:Office of the Attorney GeneralColorado Department of LawRalph L. Carr Judicial Building1300 Broadway, 10th FloorDenver, CO 80203(720) 508-6000https://coag.gov
- If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at privacy[at]crewvie.com with the subject line "Nevada Do Not Sell Request" and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
Utah Residents If you are a resident of Utah, you have the right to out of the processing of the personal data for purposes of (i) targeted advertising and (ii) the sale of personal data. We do not process your Personal Information for (i) targeted advertising or (ii) the sale of personal data.
9. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
Help us process your request by including these details:
- Please include your email address, full name, and your specific information about your request(s) and, if applicable, specifically what information you do not want to receive.
- If you would like to update or correct your name, email address, street address, or other personal information with us, please include specific details about the information you wish to have updated or corrected.
- If you are appealing a decision please provide information about the denied request.
Crewvie's process to fulfil a privacy rights request:
First, we acknowledge your request.
- Crewvie.com will first send you a message acknowledging receipt of your request within 10 days.
Next, we ensure that you are the person making the request.
- In general, when you make a request Crewvie.com will take steps to verify your identity.
- Verification steps may include asking you for personal information, such as your name, address, or other information we maintain about you or your child.
- If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to the request. In that case, we will notify you to explain the basis of the denial.
Finally, we provide a response.
- We will either honor your request or tell you why we denied it.
- We will deliver our written response electronically or, at your option, by mail.
Your agent can submit requests for you.
- You may also designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf.
- If you do so, you will be required to verify your identity by providing us with certain personal information as described above.
- Additionally, we will also require written proof the agent has permission to act on your behalf.
- We will deny your request if the agent is unable to submit proof to us that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.
How long will it take?
- Crewvie.com will either fulfill or reject your request as soon as we can, generally within 45 days from when we receive your request (or less, if required by law).
- But we may be allowed to take longer to process your request under certain circumstances.
- We will let you know if we expect your request will take us longer than normal to fulfill.
What if my request is denied?
- You may appeal your denial if you feel we have made a mistake.
- To submit an appeal please use the same method of contact listed above.
- If you are still not satisfied with our response then, under certain circumstances, you may contact your state privacy enforcement agency.
10. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Messaging and newsletter communications.
- You may control how you receive certain types of communications by unsubscribing within the body of the communication.
- Note that some messages are required, service-related messages like transaction confirmation messages, legal notices, or updates.
- If you no longer wish to use our Services or the Website, or receive optional communications then you may submit requests to delete your account and your personal information to https://crewvie.com/contact.
Cookies and web tracking technologies.
What we use on the Services.
- You will find other parties' trackers on our Website. Other parties like our analytics and advertising partners place code with cookies or web beacons embedded in them. Some third-party cookies are used to track a particular user's activity across the Internet. Crewvie.com does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
- For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, visit this link, and to opt-out of such ad networks' and Services' advertising practices, visit this link.
Limiting Tracking and Data Collection.
- You may limit the automatic collection of information by Google, including the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party Websites or online Services, by opting-out of such collection. Download the opt-out browser extension, located here, to opt-out of the automatic collection of browsing and device data.
- Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your browser settin gs to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether.
- Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through our Services.
- Certain state laws require that we indicate whether we honor "Do Not Track" settings in your browser. We adhere to the standards set out in this Policy and do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests because there is no formal "Do Not Track" standard. However, we do respond to the Global Privacy Control signal for U.S. residents, as described further in the United States Residents section below.
Opt out of cross-site and interest-based advertising.
First, this is not a universal opt out request you submit to us.
- Submitting a request to opt out of cross-site advertising using the methods below is not the same as opting out of the way we use your personal information.
- Crewvie.com does not receive your opt out of cross-site advertising.
- For more details on limiting how we use your information, see the section above regarding Your Privacy Rights.
What happens when I opt out of cross-site advertising?
- When you opt out, your selection is stored on a cookie on your device.
- If you delete the cookie from that device or sign in from a different device, you will need to opt out again.
Does opting out of cross-site advertising stop all data collection?
- Because the data used for interest-based advertising is also used for other necessary purposes (including providing our Services, for authentication, and security purposes), opting out of interest-based advertising does not stop the data from being collected nor reduce the number of advertisements you will see.
- However, the data will not be used for interest-based advertising, which means the advertisements you do see may be less relevant to you.
Is my mobile device included when I opt out of cross-site advertising?
- When using a mobile application, you may receive interest-based in-application advertisements.
- Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device's advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your device.
- In addition, each operating system (e.g., iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based in-application advertisements.
- You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating system in order to opt-out of interest-based in-application advertisements.
- For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact (or review the applicable privacy web page of) the applicable platform operator.
Limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third-party advertisers.
- To submit your request to opt-out of that automatic collection of browsing data, visit: The
11. LOCATION OF PROCESSING
Those parties may be located both within and outside the European Union or European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland.
When your information is moved from your home country to another country, the laws and rules that protect your personal data in the country to which your information is transferred may be different from those in the country in which you live. For example, the circumstances in which law enforcement can access personal data may vary from country to country. In particular, if your information is in the United States, it may be accessed by government authorities in accordance with U.S. law.
Please be advised that information Crewvie.com collects about you via the Services may be transferred, processed and/or accessed by us in the United States, or another country where we, or our service providers operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal data, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. If you are located outside the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that Crewvie.com may transfer your personal data to the United States and process and store it there. We will transfer personal data only to those countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal data.
For recipients of an EU, EEA, UK, or Swiss data subject's personal data located outside the EU, EEA, UK, or Switzerland, Crewvie has taken the necessary measures to comply with applicable data protection legislation in order to ensure that international transfers of data to third parties outside the data subject's home country, comply with an adequate level of protection, by implementing an agreement based on the standard clauses of the European Commission.
12. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This Privacy Notice applies only to Crewvie.com's Services, including our Website and application.
- Our Services may contain links to other Websites including those that permit online transactions.
- We have no control over the privacy practices or the content of any of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors, or other third parties we link to from our Website, including organizations such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft.
- We also have no control over the privacy practices of any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Services.
- Crewvie does not endorse, approve, or certify these other Websites, and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of the information contained on those Websites.
13. SECURITY AND YOUR ACCOUNT
Crewvie.com will take steps to protect your personal information that you transmit to us and to protect such information from loss or misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no internet transmission is ever fully secure, and we cannot guarantee that information transmitted via our Website will remain confidential at all times. When we collect information, it is stored in an area to which the general public does not have access. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure that personal information is stored and processed responsibly.
In the event that any use of the Website involves log-in credentials, please bear in mind that anyone you provide with your log-in information will also have access to your account and personal information. If you use our Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any log-in credentials associated with the Website.
14. USERS OF THIS WEBSITE UNDER THE AGE OF 18
You must be at least 18 to use our Services. Crewvie.com takes children's privacy seriously. Crewvie.com does not have actual knowledge of any personal information about individuals under the age of 18 whose information has been collected through our Services. If we become aware that a person submitting information to us through any part of our Services not 18, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose nor disclose it to third parties.
16. CONTACT US
Calling Crewvie at: +1 (424) 405-6393
Emailing Crewvie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting an online request: https://crewvie.com/contact