We currently have an exciting entry-level opportunity for a detail-oriented, deadline driven, and resourceful individual, as a promo scheduling specialist. This person will support the promo scheduling team under the commercial operations division within ad sales.
Specifically, this position will schedule all on-air promotion spots and graphics under the direction of the Senior Director Promo Operations. The individual will have exposure to and work on promo scheduling for LMN. The person will also provide support for and be the primary back-up scheduler for Lifetime. They need to be able to flex to department needs, which entails covering for all brands if necessary. The role will support the team as needed and assist the Senior Director on special project initiatives.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee scheduling and formatting of all promos and promo avails on commercial logs in traffic system (wide orbit), and create daily promotion logs that reflect the promotional plan guidelines.
- Oversee all aspects of promo & secondary events (in-show graphics) in promo optimizer
- RSG: Campaign 360, based on promo strategy provided by planning team.
- Maintain, update, and manage promo inventory database systems On-Air Pro & Airtable.
- Primary After Hours Contact for respective network AOR. The role requires the individual be accessible after hours as needed. They will serve the as the primary contact for Broadcast Operations and other departments for LMN & Lifetime. This includes but is not limited to wide orbit and RSG related issues. They also may need to occasionally assist other brands after hours
- Attend various meetings to gather information needed to fulfill job requirements, including:
- Work in progress, program scheduling, commercial operations and meetings with the Senior Director
- Assist the Senior Director as needed on various projects.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
First and foremost, as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- The candidate will have a four-year college degree
- 1-2 years’ work experience within TV or Media industry preferred
- Knowledge of outlook, word, excel
- Natural problem solver with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently under pressure and respond quickly to change of direction.
- Able to work ahead always to best position themselves to cover at a moment’s notice
- Able to juggle multiple brands and projects at the same time
- Knowledge of RSG: Campaign 360, wide orbit and/or another promo scheduling optimizers a plus
- Must be available to be contacted and work after hours. Available to work overtime hours as necessary.