Amazon is seeking a talented, experienced, and driven Publicity Principal to join the Amazon Studios Series PR team. Reporting into the Director of Publicity for large-scale franchises and genre series, this position will work closely with the show’s core publicity team, as well as other divisions within Amazon Studios.
The position will be responsible for devising and executing publicity campaigns, initiatives, and events for assigned series, and will also be responsible for publicity activities related to international press as well as crafting messaging and coordination of global translations in partnership with global colleagues. The Publicity Principal will work closely with external agencies as well as coordination of media training for cast and crew.
Media Relations Pitching and Oversight:
Work to devise and execute consumer publicity campaigns for assigned series, pre-launch, at launch and beyond. Pitch stories to external media outlets, including traditional print reporters and critics, electronic media and mainstream online outlets, broadcast and late night, as well as tastemakers. Understand media desires and exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met. Support the Publicity Director for the series to external and internal constituencies and serving as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to the programs.
Strategy, Planning and Execution:
Coordinate with the internal team, as well as the external agencies, the global press junkets and publicity tours, as well as liaising with field offices regarding global publicity priorities.
Work closely with publicity team to plan and execute assigned series participation in major promotional and publicity events and special projects, including but not limited to domestic and international press junkets, Comic-Con, festivals, etc. Work closely with the events team to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events (premiere parties, stunts, etc.) for assigned series.
Demonstrate good judgment in selecting the most compelling video clips, photos and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill needs of media and best represent the show to viewers and other targeted audiences. Develop and hone messaging and talking points for series, coordinate with marketing and social teams for unity of message and timing of delivery.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience in publicity or media relations, preferably in the entertainment space
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent writer and accustom to crafting the various and nuanced elements of PR materials
- Experience executing highly successful, creative and complex media campaigns and events
- Robust press contacts and positive working relationships, with top-tier media representatives from the world of arts and entertainment
- People management experience, with success developing strong performers and experience coaching teams
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Passionate about writing and verbal communications
- Frugality: ability to be creative with less
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong judgement and the ability to respond quickly and experience in timely publicity matters
Job ID: 1790837