An Edit T3 Trainee is an entry level position within WarnerMedia Studios where individuals are immersed into the world of editing and lay the foundation for a career in post-production through the development of creative, technical, and soft skills. Edit T3s are selected to receive a 16-month hands-on learning experience working with industry experts and WarnerMedia’s leading brands. This position is designed for motivated recent college graduates who have a passion for storytelling and video editing and a willingness to challenge themselves, learn from the editors through session support and feedback, and build relationships with creatives and other industry professionals throughout the company. Through practice, guidance, and mentorship, the Edit T3s will attain the fundamental understanding and skills needed for excellent editorial support, which includes preparing media for edit sessions, working directly with editors and producers to process footage and requests, and delivering media for air and digital. The Edit T3s will work to strengthen their creative eye, storytelling skills, and editing techniques to prepare for the next step in their career.
As an Edit T3, you will provide editorial support by:
- Coordinating and carrying out Post-Production Traffic requests – preparing screeners for talent and producers, tracking and delivering media for sessions, and creating show Edit Masters
- Preparing projects for editors’ sessions (i.e., gathering, organizing, and importing media)
- Processing show dailies by creating story flows and select sequences
- Pulling selects for dailies, show episodes, and films based on IDs, BROLL, sound bites, and specific requests from the edit staff and partners
- Creating clip and compilation reels for various social platforms
- Preparing projects for audio, finishing, delivery, and archive
- QCing and delivering media to specific drop locations for broadcast and digital
- Having the opportunity to cut content for partners such as Cartoon Network, tbs, TNT, truTV, TCM, Sports, HBOMax, and more!
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must be no more than 2 years post-graduation from an accredited university
- Demo reel submitted with resume that showcases your editing skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and familiar with After Effects
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
- Knowledge and great appreciation of the WarnerMedia brands
- Great customer service skills, strong communicator – both written and verbal, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to reach out to others to learn and incorporate feedback from peers, managers, and producers
- Ability to recognize opportunities to contribute to the team
- Motivation and readiness to take initiative to shape this opportunity into the best experience for you
- This position is based in Atlanta, GA. Relocation is not required, but it is recommended.
- Once the 16-month contract concludes, there is no guaranteed promotion.
Job ID: R000050257