Reports to SVP, Music
• Leads music projects ranging in complexity through concept, pitch, production and release
• Sets strategic direction and standards for assigned productions ensuring they meet both the Studio and Films’ creative vision
• Resolves conflict, budget concerns, and music production challenges
• Responsible for identifying new and established music composers and performers
• Responsible for hiring and maintaining industry-leading key personnel for vendors and freelance positions on assigned shows.
• Consistently brings in content that meets the business objectives and strategies
• Influences and shapes the music content
• Prepares and pitches content to senior level internal and external execs and filmmakers for consideration
• Interacts and negotiates with executive management and filmmakers to convince and influence business strategies
• Builds and enhances vital, key external relationships and is seen as an influential leader in the industry
• Participates in and leads cross company projects, meetings and events
• A proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in a Music Executive capacity
• Experience leading projects independently in a Music Executive or related role within a studio or production environment
• Proven ability to successfully source and assess potential music concepts for production
• Solid knowledge of the film production process, on camera music, pre-records, etc.
• In-depth experience working with top Talent (composers, directors, producers, actors)
• Ability to access strong music content and marketability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt., talent and staff.
• Highly organized with excellent follow through
• Understands the global and multicultural audience and how to adapt content to appeal to a wide audience
• Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
Job ID R10011844