As the Production Manager, you will work directly with the Production Director to deliver an epic production for our clients. Your role is to project manage & oversee staff ensuring they provide the most cohesive and streamlined production.
You will train, manage, mentor agency & freelance staff within the production department and provide support when it is needed. As a department manager, your role will be responsible for working on a variety of productions simultaneously, overseeing multiple budgets, and production deliverables. You will be ensuring that all staff, vendor(s) and contributor(s) are equipped to deliver the best services and outcomes possible. Throughout the planning process the Production Manager will identify requirements for the production and execute the staffing plan set forth by the Production Director. The production manager will oversee the life-cycle of the production from start to finish all while ensuring the BlackHouse standard of production is maintained.
- Passion for Production: You have a love for all aspects of events and care deeply about guest experience, client satisfaction, and your teams. You have a drive and dedication to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure agency environment.
- Team Leader: You are people-obsessed and have a passion for deeply understanding clients, staff, and crew. You lead by example and take an empathetic approach to management. You are a self-starter who takes the lead, is a problem solver and understands how to strategically get things done.
- Project Manager: You are organized, detailed, process and results driven. You can take an idea and create a plan through implementation and manage detailed tasks along the way. You are able to give concise direction and manage production teams cross functionally and hold staff accountable. You are firm yet fun! You are a multi-tasker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual.
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, and bring positivity and forward momentum to any team you join.
- Creative & Technically In-tuned: You have a keen understanding of digital & print graphics, lighting, rigging, audio, video, web-streaming, and scenic construction.
- Budget Savvy: You have the ability to forecast, develop spreadsheets, crunch numbers, formulas, and cost shift all while maintaining the overall budget.
- Manage the production process for all events, which includes but is not limited to developing estimated budgets provided by the Director of Production, attending and or running site visits, client meetings, vendor and venue sourcing, securing work crews, execution of production strategy, onsite management, and post-production.
- Proven ability to project manage within project management systems like ASANA or Monday.com (Required).
- Concise and clear development of each production project in ASANA.
- Maintain agency inventory-tracking system and coordinate all production equipment for projects.
- Approve all venue, vendor, and entertainment contracts, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Execution of staffing plan set forth by Production Director.
- Partner with HR to recruit, train, and manage freelance production teams.
- Direct and manage the Production Administrator as she/he executes the freelancer booking, time tracking, and project close out process.
- Cultivate partnerships with vendors and venues and represent BlackHouse at industry networking events.
- Oversee the production administrator as she/he updates and maintains the venue & vendor database .
- Work with the Production Director & Finance department to ensure all freelancers timesheets are accounted for and paid.
- Oversee and manage production schedules created by producers.
- Oversee and manage vendor & venue RFP and scouting processes executed by producers.
- Oversee and manage technical managers as they develop /execute technical plots, system flows, budgets, shop & rigging plans.
- Oversee & manage the development & delivery of the event programming/run of show.
- Oversee and manage staff onsite during events.
- Troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts and take the necessary steps to prepare for events.
- Responsible for maintaining & enforcing Covid Safety procedures for onsite and in studio productions.
- Responsible for the execution of internal & external safety & technical escalation procedures for virtual, hybrid, and live events.
- Must complete industry specific training and certifications relevant to the role on an ongoing basis.
- 6+ Proven years production & project management experience.
- 5+ Proven years experience with an agency successfully managing production teams and processes.
- Proven experience training staff on tools, systems and software required for projects.
- Proven experience managing creative individuals with a variety of production styles and experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Thoroughly understand the mechanics behind cross discipline team collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, communication skills, both written and verbal. (Required)
- Experience with live, virtual and hybrid events. (Required)
- Experience working with Brand, Corporate, and Non-profit clients.
- Experience partnering with geographically dispersed teams.
- Technical understanding of lighting, rigging, audio, video, web-streaming, and scenic construction.
- Working knowledge of relevant fire-code and life-safety codes for permitting and planning.
- Experience working with VectorWorks (Preferred but not required).
- Knowledge of Google Suite.
- Experience with SketchUp (Preferred but not required).
- Knowledge of local and national venues and vendors.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) and present proof of upon hiring unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
- Full-time / Comp Time + PTO
- Health Insurance benefits
- Company Cell phone & computer
- Transportation benefits
- Hybrid Work Environment : (2) Days Remote & (3) In-Office