Universal Film Music services the music needs for the studio and its subsidiary divisions including Illumination Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, Focus Features, Working Title, Amblin, Blumhouse, 1440 Home Entertainment, as well as various needs for Comcast NBCUniversal. The creative team is looking for a Film Music Coordinator that will help support the day-to-day music supervision responsibilities for all Universal titles, approximately 8-10 projects at a time.
- Managing budgets, song charts, score memos, clearance forms, and additional production documents.
- Assists in all creative music searches, oversees all external searches (making briefs, sending to vendors, downloading and filing audio, making selections for executives + filmmakers).
- Assembling and overseeing the film’s song and technical music credits.
- Managing all audio assets for films, including all original songs and demos through development, in close collaboration with music editors and music producers.
- Function as administrative support for internal project-related and filmmaker meetings – creating agendas, taking notes, distributing action items, etc.
- Creating music budgets for green-lighting process.
- Coordinate soundtrack credits in collaboration with our in-house record label, soundtrack partner/label, music producers, composers, etc.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Curating and preparing creative playlists for executives across the company.
- 2+ years of experience of film/tv music experience
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- College Degree
- 2+ years experience working in music for a motion picture or television studio, production company, music label, composer, or music supervisor preferred
- Team player, able to work with a variety of different personality-types
- Be self-reliant and able to implement and manage tasks independently
- Strong time management skills with a sharp attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills at all levels
- Familiarity with Social Media Platforms is required
- Collaborative and team-oriented
Job ID 66621BR