The Onyx Collective team is seeking a qualified candidate for a VP, Scripted Series role, to oversee development and current production of original scripted series. This VP will work with senior leadership to execute the Initiative’s mission and identify talent to collaborate with on projects.
- Support the evolution of the Initiative’s creative strategy as defined by senior leadership and then execute upon it to grow unique, compelling, and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Solicit, evaluate, procure, develop and oversee the production of scripted programming from pitch through series’ production, which involves but is not limited to:
- Hearing pitches.
- Reading & giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Participating in hiring key cast and crew.
- Participating in key creative decisions regarding physical production.
- Visit sets for shoots when needed to protect network interests.
- Watching cuts and giving notes.
- Staffing writers for series.
- Provide specific feedback to production partners on creative at all stages of development to ensure delivery of the creative vision.
- Interface with studio and production executives on pilot and series production issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (producers/production companies, studios, agents, writers, directors, actors, etc.), identifying the creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursuing business with them.
- Serve as point of contact with the creative community to identify and develop new projects.
- Collaborate with other departments at TWDC on various issues (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.).
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience developing content for non-linear platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Job ID 782726BR