Warner Bros. Television Group is seeking a Publicist. The Publicist will work alongside and/or in conjunction with two Directors in creating and implementing publicity and awards campaigns for series produced and/or distributed by Warner Bros. Unscripted Television.
- Media Relations: Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with members of the press. Understand media desires and craft compelling pitches to all external outlets. Exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met.
- Publicity & Awards Strategy: Work in conjunction with Directors and/or lead on creation and execution of innovative publicity opportunities aimed at driving consistent, high-value consumer press attention for assigned series. Brainstorm new initiatives and capitalize on existing assets. Work closely with streaming/cable/network publicity counterparts and WBTVG social media teams to execute campaigns for launch and beyond.
- Brand Management/Talent Relations: In partnership with Directors and/or solo, serve as key point person for assigned series, represent the shows to external and internal constituencies, and serve as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to assigned programs. Establish close working relationships and positive rapport with talent, creators, and staff associated with assigned series, including executive producers, key production crew, on-camera performers, and representatives.
- Events: Along with the series team, plan and execute participation in major promotional events for assigned series, in-person and virtually. Work with social and photo teams to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events. Additionally, help coordinate awards-related event activities.
- Publicity Trips: Assist in booking and managing various aspects of performer and/or producer publicity trips (New York, Los Angeles, special events, junkets awards, tours, etc.).
- Specialized Media Outreach: Work across the publicity team to maximize press opportunities for all Warner Bros. Television Group programming regarding targeted press opportunities (multicultural, faith-based, young adult, music, etc.).
- Social Media: Follow best practices and strategies for social media platforms. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach across all platforms on behalf of series and talent.
- Publicity Assets: Strategize with the team to select the most compelling video clips, photos, and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill media needs and best represent series to viewers and other targeted audiences.
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years entertainment publicity experience required, previous experience in television at a studio, network platform is preferred.
- Extensive entertainment consumer press contacts.
- Experience effectively working with and successfully building positive relationships with high-profile on-camera talent, producers and below-the-line talent, as well as with executives.
- Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College degree or equivalent work experience required