BuzzFeed Studios is looking for an experienced, creative and resourceful development and production executive to work in our growing feature film department. You have experience acquiring and developing IP, sourcing and supervising writers, developing first-class screenplays, and tracking and packaging valuable directors and actors. You should also have on-set experience understanding the workflow of a feature film and be able to oversee a production run by a third-party. You know people in the independent film and talent agency spaces, be an expert in ensuring all films are following the brands within the BuzzFeed Inc portfolio, and be up to speed on pop culture. We're looking for someone who will work with urgency, and a high attention to detail. You will report to Head of BuzzFeed Studios.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles.
- Development and pitch scripted feature film projects.
- Support documentary and scripted tv departments.
- Write and adapt existing screenplays to suit the needs of the project and department.
- Procure new script submission from multiple trusted sources and read and cover multiple scripts a week.
- Help cast, pre-production, production and post.
- Present compelling pitch material.
- Partner with team members across BuzzFeed Inc.
- Oversee feature film productions (be open to travel).
- Have a love of experimentation and a skill at encouraging others to experiment.
- Keep up with a fast-paced schedule.
- Be able to analyze the results of your work.
- Manage status of many projects in development, production or post-production at once, managing freelance personnel and their workflow.
- Bonus: Screenwriting experience.
- Must have experience in scripted development.
- Experience with the BuzzFeed Inc portfolio and tone of voice.
- Deep connections in the film industry from agencies, to talent to distributors.
- Must have a high skillset and body of work in planning, writing and completing ideas.
- An understanding of film finance.
- Interest in and understanding of using data to inform creative work.
- Very strong communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- A team player. Must be able to take direction and collaborate well with others.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).