The Manager, Awards, Non-Fiction/Unscripted Programming position will support the Director, Awards, Non-Fiction Programming across all phases of the awards process: pre-entry through post-ceremony for approximately 50+ award programs annually.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- The Manager role plans and executes awards awareness tactics for assigned programming including award entries, an annual operating budget, multiple and concurrent televised award ceremonies, panels, streaming site, voter eBlasts and direct mailings. The manager must be a time management professional, fluent in all awards rules and regulations, and work well under pressure.
- Intelligently determine appropriate entries for assigned programming either independently or via collaboration with shows and internal departments, complete entry forms in accordance with eligibility requirements and check all entries for accuracy.
- Research, coordinate and execute panels, screenings and event opportunities with various guilds, award organizations, critics groups and industry trades.
- Work with internal and external Design and Production teams to coordinate ads, eBlasts and direct mailings promoting eligible programming.
- Act as point for assigned ceremonies’ logistical preparation and execution, including sponsorships and ticketing.
- Manage an annual operating budget; including the ability to build out accurate project estimates, process invoices and record accruals.
- Research network and program award stats and work with the Awards team to accurately record all submissions, nominations, and wins.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years awards experience at a studio, network, agency or publicity or marketing firm is preferred.
- Extremely organized, thorough and meticulously detail oriented.
- Highly efficient and deadline-driven.
- Successful at multitasking and prioritizing an enormous volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work and think independently while being a solid team player.
- Quick, yet thoughtful problem solving and follow through.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Adaptable to ever-changing awards and programming landscapes.
- Calmly handles stress and various personalities with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends on a seasonal basis and as needed throughout the year.